Student Activities & Events
Some of the programs available to Escondido students:
- Noon Sports: Variety of organized sports activities available to 3rd to 5th grade students.
- Special Assemblies: 4 during the year on various topics such as recycling, bullying, opera, etc.
- Spectra Art: Your kids will amaze you with what they bring home! Funds from Partners in Education (PiE) provide this program taught by a trained specialist. It provides staff development for teachers until their third year of teaching and hands-on art experiences for elementary children in their classrooms.
- Playworks TeamUp Program (Class Game Time K-5, Jr. Coaches 3rd-5th)
- Escondido Student Leadership Council grades 3-5
- School-wide Morning Yoga K-5
- Ice Cream Social: Eat ice cream and get reacquainted with your class friends, meet new families.
- Back to School Night: Meet your teacher, principal, and PTA.
- Walk/Bike/Carpool to School Day: Do your part for global warming!
- Bike Safety Program: 3rd grade. The The Third Grade Bike Safety Program is a bicycle education program offered each fall to PAUSD third graders. This is a fun 3-part program with an on-bike rodeo to teach key skills to keep kids safe on the road. The last lesson is an on-bike practice ("Bike Rodeo") with bicycle professionals, PA Fire Department, and PA Police Department.
- Halloween Parade
- Science Fair: Available to all grades. Each student chooses a question they would like to explore and makes a poster with their question and their answers they found. The participating students set up their posters in the MP room, and other children have the opportunity to ask questions.
- Penny Power. All grades. Annual fundraiser for a worthy cause.
- Escondido Talent Show.
- International Fair
- Last Day of School Fair
- Earth Day Recycling Fashion Show